I am a Spectrum user being blocked from websites that use BlockScript, aka Blocked.com,.BlockScript blocks IP addresses listed on spamrats. I have no email server, and checks of my systems with Windows defender and Malwarebytes show no problems. Spectrum told me that they couldn't change my IP or otherwise fix the problem. (This is considered a dynamic IP, but Spectrum must have a MAC/IP table or something because I always get the same IP after hours of disconnect.) Spamrats says that, unless you're running an email server, end-user IP addresses don't need to be removed. That assertion is patently FALSE because of the way BlockScript uses their listings, but despite repeated requests, spamrats refuses to even look into the problem for me. I had no problem until Jan 28, when I complained to the purveyor of BlockScript about its policies. Suddenly I couldn't access a website I commonly access, and my IP was found to be on spamrats.com. I believe that Blocked.com and spamrats.com operate together to deny users that complain access to websites. This is likely a violation of MC1 Part 2 Section 16. I would like to know if others are having problems with blocked.com and/or spamrats.com. (I thought I posted this once before in a different section, but can't find it now.) Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
change router manufacturers, the different first 6 of the mac will give you a different public IP
Or bypass the router for a test, that too will give you a different public IP. be sure to unplug the cable modem first.
If you're using an all in one, good luck, get a different model from Spectrum
I unplugged the power, coax and router from the cable modem, plugged a computer directly into the modem, connected the coax and power, and got exactly the same IP address I had with the router.
Update: I did the same thing again, but this time I connected a different computer to the modem. This time I got a new IP address. Testing continues...
First clean your History and Cache from all of your browsers. Clear your cookies if you don't mind having to re-log in with your user name and passwords as well.
Next, run Disk Cleanup. Right-click on your Hard Drive Letter in Windows File Explorer. Select Properties and Run Disk Clean up. Optionally, you can clean System Files if the prompt is there, but that might take a long time.
If you have Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 1709) or higher. I would try an offline scan with Windows Defender. This is a special scan that removes particularly troublesome malware. Here is how to use it:
Takes about 15 minutes to complete and automatically uses the latest definitions.
Since you already ran Malwarebytes, Try a scan with Hitman Pro. Check the "Perform only a one time scan on the computer." at set up:
Another good porgram is Adware Cleaner. Gets rid of PUPS and pop ups:
You may also want to run System File Checker to replace missing or corrupted files.
Shutdown your computer and unplug your modem and router for about five minutes. Plug them back in, wait 5-10 minutes for them to go back online with the lights back on. Now, power up your machine and see if that solves the problem.
I believe I found the solution. Further investigation revealed that the original router was spoofing the MAC address of the computer used to configure it. Connecting the modem directly to that computer gave the same IP address as connecting it to the router. Changing the MAC address of the router to its factory default gave me a new IP address. Thanks to everyone for their help with this.