N/A

Alleged Copyright Infringment email

I received an email from DoNotReply@charter.com today.

"Dear Subscriber:

"This notice is being sent to you by Time warner Cable Customer Care because we have received a complaint that your computer has been used to distribute copyrighted material without authorization through a peer-to-peer program. We received this complaint from the movie studio, record company, television studio or other company that owns the copyrighted material. A copy of the complaint is included with this message and contains details about the copyrighted file(s)."

No complaint was included with the message. Looking at the headers, it appears to be legit, but it was sent without https and without the complaint, I'm suspicious, especially since I have no idea why I got this email. Who do I need to contact in order to discuss this and find out more information and how do I contact them?

3 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Alleged Copyright Infringment email

I am sorry to hear the email was incomplete. If you will contact us directly

we can check on that for you.

We can be reached directly at TWC_ForumsHelp If you will please

include your account number and verification of your service address to begin.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

One possibility with this is that during the transfer of information between TWC to Spectrum there may of been an incomplete notice on your account that was just pushed out in its current state. I've heard of notices like this happening before when a company just pushes out its log to clear up a region to bring it fully up to date. As she said though, I'd contact support on here or Customer Care so they can take a look at your account to make sure you do not have a issue.

Not sure why you received it. 

If you were torrenting something, then there is your answer. 

If you weren't, probably safe to simply ignore it.